a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
- Ensure the regional and local HSJCC justice related goals are achieved with protocol and service agreements to improve outcomes for persons experiencing mental health and or addictions that may be in contact with criminal justice system.
- Provide mental health training for front line responders to reduce wait times in local emergency departments and ensure access to mental health and addiction resources from transitional youth to adult age group.
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
- Ensure availability of effective and efficient resources for people special needs through advocacy and collaboration.
- Increased understanding of court diversion and support.
- Expansion, development and implementation of Lanark County L.E.A.D. Team Protocol and training.
- Membership to Lanark County Situation Table to address high risk individuals in our community.
- Review and implementation “Police and Mental Health” Provincial collaborations