Northumberland HSJCC Objectives
a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
- To provide a local forum for justice and social service sectors to come together to identify local systemic issues, barriers, service gaps and resource deficits encountered by individuals who come into contact with the justice system and who are experiencing mental health, addictions and related conditions including brain injury and neuro-developmental disorders.
- To develop and/or support models of shared responsibility and accountability in which individuals as described above, notwithstanding those special circumstantial, biological, environmental and cultural factors where there are either imminent risks or actual points of intersection with the justice system.
- To provide a mechanism to create solutions to address the identified issues, barriers, gaps and deficits experienced by those individuals who are experiencing mental health, addictions and related conditions including brain injury and neuro-developmental disorders.
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
- To make the system as user-friendly as possible by dissolving barriers and closing gaps.
- Facilitate collaboration and communication by bringing together representatives from local criminal justice, social service and health sectors.
- Identify local systemic issues and create positive dialogue to establish creative solutions and education within the various sectors.
- Provide a forum for membership to give up to date information on agency changes, events and learning opportunities happening within Northumberland County.
- Collaborate on local training, education and resource enhancements represented by the membership.
- Provide informed input and advice concerning access points, resource allocation and system planning initiatives.